To start the EyeDetect software:
- Power on the EyeDetect computer, monitor, and DataLocker. The attached peripherals should become enabled when the computer powers on.
- Log into the DataLocker using the password provided by Converus. If you have changed the DataLocker password (recommended), use the new password.
- Log in to Windows, using the username and password provided by Converus. If you have changed the Windows password (recommended), use the new password.
- Double-click on the Computer icon found on the Windows Desktop.
- Double-click on the DataLocker icon.
- Double-click the EyeDetect icon in the DataLocker. If the EyeDetect icon is missing, the Proctor can start the application from the \Converus\EyeDetect folder in Windows Explorer.
- When the EyeDetect software application opens, choose DataLocker > Connect from the menu to connect to the DataLocker.
- If the software does not detect the DataLocker, the Proctor may need to run the EyeDetect Administrator application to configure the DataLocker. See DataLocker Management, page 56, for more information.
- After connecting the DataLocker, chooseFile > Sync from the menu and then click theStart button in the dialog to download any new tests and to update the EyeDetect software.
- Please note: Synchronization requires an active Internet connection.
If a new version of the EyeDetect software is downloaded as part of the Sync process, you will be prompted to restart EyeDetect. In this case, please close EyeDetect and double-click on the EyeDetect icon again.