This document provides a quick overview of possible resolutions to technical issues related to the EyeDetect Manager or EyeDetect+ Manager software error “Ping EyeDetect Station Exception” or others.
We suggest trying all steps regardless, to make sure everything is up to date.
Possible issue: data streaming not enabled on Station.
- Solution: Open EyeDetect app.
- Go to File>Settings
- Under “Settings” make sure Enable Data Streaming API has a checkmark in the box.
Possible issue: device compatibility
- The device on which you have installed EyeDetect Manager is not compatible or must have Windows 8 or higher (WIN10 preferred), wireless internet capabilities or screen resolution of1200 x 800 minimum.
- Solution: Use a different device.
Possible issue: downloaded device
- Possible issue: the EyeDetect Manager software was downloaded onto an EyeDetect station, not a separate Wndows device.
- Solution: Use a different device. EyeDetect Manager cannot operate on an EyeDetect Station while a test is administered.
Possible issue: update to latest version of EyeDetect Manager software
- Possible issue: The device doesn’t have a copy of the latest version of software.
- Login to Converus dashboard
- Go to the Tools menu
- Click EyeDetect Manager (or EyeDetect+ 2.0 Manager) to automatically download.
- Click on downloaded application to run in your browser.
- It will automatically open the application.
- Run EyeDetect Setup- after downloading Manager.
- On the Station, go to This PC>C:>DataLocker>Converus>EyeDetectSetup and run the EyeDetect Setup Application by clicking on it.
- Click Yes to let it make changes to your computer.
Possible issue: troubleshooting network settings
- Possible issue: the IP Address on the station has changed.
- Solution: Find the new IP address and enter it in EyeDetect Manager.
- Open the EyeDetect app.
- Go to File>Settings
- Add the IP address under Check “Enable Data Streaming API.”
- Possible issue: the device using EyeDetect Manager is not on the same Wi-Fi network as the Station.
- Solution: Check Wi-Fi on both devices
- Click on the internet icon on the bottom right of the task bar.
- Ensure both devices are connected to the same network.
- Possible issue: the Wi-Fi settings no longer marked as “Private”
- Solution: Go to Windows Settings
- Select Network & internet
- Select Properties at the top
- Select Private
- Possible issue: the current internet connection has custom IP settings.
- Solution: Check by opening a Command Prompt and typing in tracert IP [Address you are trying to connect]. If it says Destination host unreachable, check the internet connection or switch as well.
- Station and device with EyeDetect Manager not on same time zone
- Go to Date & Time settings for Windows
- Check that Time zone is the same
- Even if Set time automatically is enabled, you may have to disable it to manually change the time zone.
- Make sure to Scroll down to Additional Settings and click on Sync Now
- If Time zone is disabled you will need to go Privacy & security > Location Then from there turn on Location Services